Advanced Dementia Awareness
Duration: One Full Day – Course material includes handouts and completion certificate.
A training programme which promotes compassion, dignity, respect and shared decision making when caring for the ‘Person’ with dementia.
In all health and social care settings good communication and relationships are now seen as central to high care.
This course provides and understanding of dementia and allows carers to explore and discuss how effective communication can improve the quality of life for a person with dementia. We will look at the effects on daily life and the importance of adapting the way we communicate to meet the needs of the person we are supporting.
- Demographics & statistics of dementia
- An overview of the brain and its function
- An understanding of the various types of dementia
- An understanding of the symptoms of dementia
- Be able to communicate on a day-to-day basis
- Be aware of what it might feel like to be a person with dementia
- Positive ways to communicate
- Non-verbal ways to communicate
- Keeping people with dementia safe
- Engaging in meaningful activities for people with dementia
This course is mapped across to QCF DEM201 and DEM 202
This training can also be supported with the addition of a distance learning level 2 certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care which is fully funded, for further information please contact us.