Duration: 6 hours – Course material includes handouts and completion certificate.
This course provides an understanding of dementia and the impact it may have on the individual living with the disease. Having a better understanding of the disease will enable you to feel confident in caring and supporting a person with dementia. Learners will gain knowledge and a good understanding of what dementia means. We will look at the common signs and symptoms of dementia and gain a basic appreciation of how the brain works and links to our emotions and behaviours
- Demographics & statistics of dementia
- An overview of the brain and its function
- An understanding of the various types of dementia
- An understanding of the symptoms of dementia
- Be able to communicate on a day-to-day basis
- Be aware of what it might feel like to be a person with dementia
- Understand what dementia is
This course is mapped across to meet the new Care Certificate Standards and QCF DEM201and DEM202 along with CQC Outcomes. This training can also be supported with the addition of a distance learning level 2 certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care which is fully funded, for further information please contact us.