Dementia Awareness (For Relatives)
After several requests in 2012 for short workshops for relatives which proved not only popular but very successful and informative. Forget Me Not decided to continue offering this workshop in 2013.
These workshops are informal and designed to get people together to talk about their experiences, and gain knowledge and skills from each other to improve the quality of life for the person with dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- An understanding of the various types of dementia
- An understanding of the symptoms of dementia
- Be able to communicate on a day-to-day basis
- Be aware of what it might feel like to be a person with dementia
- Signposting and help for relatives
- Some things to think about when visiting a person with dementia
The workshop works well on open days and can be tailored to any amount of time.
It has been deliver in care homes, sheltered housing, day centers and small groups.