Positive & Effective Communication
Duration: 2 hours
This workshop focuses on how to improve feeling based communication skills when working with people with a dementia. How we need to adapt and change the way we communicate to meet the needs of the person with a dementia.
To have a better understanding of verbal and non-verbal communication and the factors that may affect a person when trying to communicate , including the environment and oise levels.
- Increased awareness on positive ways to use verbal communication and feelings
- How would we feel if we were unable to hold a two way conversation
- How to reduce questions
- Understand that every word, action and behavior will have a meaning
- Looking at different responses
- Understanding what’s unhelpful