Welcome to Forget Me Not Dementia Training
I have worked in the Health & Social Care sector for over 8 years from community care to care homes. I have also been involved with the running of a day centre which has enabled me to look at different approaches to activities and how they make a difference to a person with dementia.
Forget Me Not Dementia Training was formed in 2011. I wanted to pass on the knowledge I had gained and believed the best way to achieve this was through delivering quality training.
Forget Me Not delivers a professional training service across the region with up to date research and a unique approach. Delivering in care homes, day centre’s, sheltered housing and extra care schemes. Designed to be rewarding and interesting therefore giving a further insight into the world of dementia.
I was appointed Lead Practitioner in Dementia Care for the CHS Group in Cambridge in November 2011. This role is to provide support, information and a signposting service for people with dementia their carers and relatives. To help promote independence, well-being, dignity and choice.
I am fully committed and passionate about improving practice and the lives of people with dementia. I believe that excellence in dementia care can be demonstrated by recognising people as individuals and treating people with dignity and compassion.
- Diploma in Dementia Studies (Bradford University 2010)
- PTTLS Certificate 2011 (NEC Cambridge)
- NVQ 3 Health & Social Care
- NVQ 2 Health & Social Care
Continuing Professional Development
- UK Dementia Congress – November 2016
- Palliative and End of Life Care 2017
- Train the Trainer Reminiscences 2017
- Leadership and Culture Change in Dementia 2017
- University of Tasmania Preventing Dementia 2017
- Learning to Use DCM – 2018
- Dementia and REAL Communication Masterclass 2018
- Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- National Activity Providers Association (NAPA)